YardPods are custom-designed to meet the needs of each owner. One of the factors considered is the microclimate in which it is to be placed and how it is to be used. We prefer to design each YardPod specifically for its location and orientation rather than having standard designs which may or may not work [...]
Tag Archives | work shop
Congratulations to: Gail Sims (CPA Green Technology Grant Advisor), Chris Auld, Brady Mitchell, Heather Jackson, John Rutherford and Jen Kohl, all teachers at Vintage High School in Napa, California, who applied for, and were awarded a “California Partnership Academy (CPA) Green Technology Grant.” Green Technology pathway courses are designed for students in grades ten through [...]
How Much Does a YardPod Cost? This is the single most asked question we get. Our website lists a finished YardPod in the greater San Francisco Bay Area at a starting price of $11,500 for an 8ft x 8ft unit and a starting price of $14,500 for a 10ft x 12ft YardPod, again in the [...]
YardPods is fortunate to be featured (p89) in this new book, along with some 150 other small buildings. Building types are gathered into chapters: “Tiny Homes on Foundations” “Tiny Homes on Wheels” “Tiny Homes by Architects” “Prefab Kits” “Earthy Materials” “Treehouses” “On the Road” “On the Water” The book has 213 pages packed with [...]
Reason #1: “You need MORE SPACE.” This is the primary reason why people add a YardPod. More and more people are working from home either part time or full time, and the dining room table is simply not the most efficient place to work. A YardPod provides additional usable space quickly and efficiently and the [...]
Home Office Walk to work! The perfect place to read or surf the web or talk as loud as you want. Media Room Move the kid noise into the back yard. Or watch your favorite movie without distractions. Arts & Crafts Studio The perfect setting for inspiration. Picture yourself lost in creativity. Zen Retreat Uninterrupted [...]
- A 12ft x 8ft YardPod CLASSIC for a Teacher in Berkeley, California April 26, 2013
- Introducing YardPod® CLASSIC February 23, 2013
- Selecting a Location for your YardPod® Home Studio or Office October 3, 2012
- YardPods® – Maximum Comfort and Minimum Energy. May 25, 2012
- Prefabulous + Almost Off the Grid April 7, 2012
- YardPod® Update February 2012 February 21, 2012
- Personal Space, Delivered April 18, 2011
- Steel Structures March 18, 2011
- How Green is a YardPod®? November 22, 2011
- Living with my YardPod® November 18, 2011
- malcolm: Thanks for your question. YardPods does not yet bu...
- Bobbi: I am looking for a very small building, room enoug...
- malcolm: Pat: Thank you for your interest in a YardPod. W...
- Pat Margulies: Only Northern California? I am in WLA, near Santa...
- malcolm: Thank you for your question. YardPods of 120 sq ft...
Follow @yardpods on Twitter